Rules and Conditions
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area. Nominees must be between the ages of 5 and 18, participate in either and individual or team sport, and reside in the WRGB viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB/WCWM (the Station), Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Capital Region Orthopaedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families include spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per entrant per IP address. A nominee may receive more than one (1) nomination from different entrants.
(b) To enter, log onto to http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/and complete the online entry/nomination form with your name, email address, age, phone number, name of nominee, brief explanation of nominees athletic achievement(s), sportsmanship, team spirit, and/or passion both on and off the field, and submit. The online entry/nomination form can also be accessed through the WRGB Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany.Click Like to access the Your Personal Best microsite and online entry form located at http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, may be deemed a winner.
(c) If attaching an optional photo with the entry/nomination, it must be in .jpg format. No mechanically reproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
(d) By entering an optional photo, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii)it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(e) The contest starts on September 22, 2014 ends on June 1, 2015 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 11:59a.m. ET on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(f) Each Friday during the Contest Period beginning September 26, 2014, nominees will be judged by a panel of three (3)judges comprised of Station personnel based on athletic achievement (5%), sportsmanship/inspiration to fellow team mates/athletes/community (55%) and newsworthiness (40%). Each week during the Contest Period, the judges will determine one (1) winning noninee based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of up to thirty-three (33) weekly winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly judging. The Station reserves the right to not select a winner during any week during the Contest Period if, in the Stations sole and absolute discretion, sufficient entries/nominations are not received.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Up to thirty six (36) nominees will be selected during the Contest Period. Each winner will have a Personal Best news segment created and aired on the Station the following week. As a condition of winning, nominee must be present for videotaping on a date and time determined by the Station. The value of the prize cannot be determined.
2. Winning nominees will be notified by phone or email. Winner(s)must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 3-5 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. If winner is a minor, then the winners parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) or their parent/legal guardian must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3-5 days, is not available to videotape his/her Personal Best news segment, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner as determined by the judges and the Station in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per nominee.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Capital Region Orthopedics have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309and on the Stations website at www.CBS6Albany.com at the Upickem link for this contest.
2. For a list of contest winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, Attn: Promotions and Contests,1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by June 15, 2015. Due to the nature of this promotion, only the first name will be provided.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc.dba UPICKEM, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and Capital Region Orthopedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.