YOUR PERSONAL BEST RULES 2013-2014
Note: The dates of this contest were extended past the 2012-2013 school year through June 9, 2014.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area. Photos must be of kids between the ages of 5 and 18.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB WCWM (the Station), Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com , The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Capital Region Orthopaedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b) To enter, log onto to http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/ and complete the online entry form with your name, email address, age, phone number, and submit. Submissions can also be accessed through the WRGB Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany. Click "Like" to access the ‘Your Personal Best’ microsite and online entry form located at http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/.
(c) If attaching a photo with the submission, it must be in .jpg format. No mechanically reproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
(d) By entering a photo, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry. By submitting an image, the contestant is authorizing its unrestricted use by Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Capital Region Orthopaedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists.
(e) The contest starts on September 23, 2013 ends on June 9, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(f) Each month during the Contest Period, entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station personnel based on content (40%) and merit (60%).
One (1) winner will be determined for each week of the current month as the weekly winner based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of 38 weekly winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next monthly drawing.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. 38 entrants will be selected during the "Contest Period." Each winner will have a one (1) minute news segment created and aired on the CBS6 / CW15 news station.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by email or phone.
3. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
4. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 and on the Station’s website at www.CBS6Albany.com at the Upickem link for this contest.
3. For a list of contest winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, Attn: Promotions and Contests, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by June 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, "Facebook") are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.