Channel 6 News - Search Results
Update: Wilton residents return to homes after propane leak
Wilton - Residents have returned to their homes after a propane tank leak caused them to be evacuated for about five hours.
Officials say the leakage at AmeriGas on Commerce Park Dr. was first reported at around 4:50 pm on Friday. According to officials crews at the scene transfered the 17,000 gallons of propane that was in the leaking tank to two undergound tanks. The propane was then burned off.
According to Wilton Fire Chief Bill Morgan everybody within a half mile of the scene were evacuated including homes and businesses. He said they were notified using the reverse 911 system.
According to Saratoga County Sheriff Department Ballard road was closed going East from Exit 16 to Dimmick Road. Dimmick Road itself was closed between Gurn Springs Road and Ballard Rd.
Saratoga County Sheriff said that all roads were re-opened at around 11pm Friday night and all residents returned to their homes safely. According to Saratoga County Sheriff the leak was caused by a valve issue.