Channel 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

4 year old hears smoke alarm; alerts family

CLIFTON PARK - A four year old boy is credited for waking up his family after hearing a smoke alarm from a neighbor's Clifton Park apartment.

A smoke from kitchen stove spread out in an apartment at Fox Run Apartments in Clifton Park just after 5:00 a.m. Saturday after the occupant fell asleep while cooking.

The four year old in a neighboring apartment heard the smoke alarm, then woke his family, who in turn then called 911.

Emergency crews arrived and evacuated the nearby apartments.  Two state Troopers and Vischer Ferry Fire Chief pulled the 26 year old from the smoky apartment after being unable to wake him.

The 26 year old was treated at the scene.  Fire officials say the damage was contained to one apartment, and there were no injuries.
 
Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!