WRGB Search Results
Police: Two bodies found in Latham home
LATHAM -- An elderly couple was found dead in the home they shared on Dove Court in Latham on Thursday, investigators believe they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Colonie Police responded to the home after getting a call from someone with the NYS Comptroller's office who was concerned about the welfare of one of their employees who didn't call or show up for work. When they went to check it out, they found 82-year-old Palma T. Nero and 77-year-old John A. Lamena dead inside the home.
Police say a car was running inside the garage when they arrived on the scene. Lamena was found in his bed, Nero on the floor just outside the bedroom. Investigators believe the couple likely inadvertently left the car running in the garage, closed the garage door and then closed the door to the garage. With the air-conditioning on, the carbon monoxide likely spread through the entire home quite quickly.
Neighbors tell CBS6 Lamena has lived in the neighborhood for years, has four adult children and was a teacher at Shaker High School before he retired.