WEATHER WATCH
Man dies after drinking chemicals to protect from coronavirus

ARIZONA (CNN) -- An Arizona man is dead after he and his wife tried to protect themselves from the coronavirus by drinking fish tank cleaner.

The couple, in their 60s, began to feel sick within about 30 minutes of drinking the chemicals.

They got the idea to drink the cleaner because it contains the additive chloroquine. President Donald Trump said the additive is being explored as a possible treatment for the virus.

Health experts are advising to never ingest household products to treat or prevent a virus.


View This Story on Our Site