Gas, electricity restored to Cohoes apartments

cohoes gas leak.jpg

COHOES, NY (WRGB) Gas and electricity has been restored to several apartments in Cohoes on Monday morning.

A National Grid spokesman said that approximately 30 residents were evacuated from an apartment complex on Olmstead Street between Van Vechten and Ontario streets late Sunday morning after a gas leak was reported. The residents were moved to a senior center while National Grid made repairs.

Gas and electricity was restored around 3 a.m. Monday and residents were allowed back in their apartments, the National Grid spokesman said.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off