MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Homeowners believe fireworks caused house fire

Multiple fire departments responded to a house fire in Jonesville on Denkers Drive around 1:15am Thursday.

JONESVILLE (WRGB) - Multiple fire departments responded to a house fire on Denkers Drive around 1:15am Thursday.

Authorities say when they arrived the fire was mainly on the outside of the home, but was starting to spread inside. The garage and an apartment above the garage had the most damage.

Five people were home at the time and got out safely.

Residents told us they believe fireworks they were using earlier in the night caught a trash can on fire, and that spread up the side.

When our crew arrived on scene, fire authorities said they were investigating the cause.

Fire crews said the hot weather made their job difficult, as well as the fact that they had to run hoses a long way down the block to get to a water supply.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending