It doesn’t matter if you’re an athlete, a bookworm, or super invested in Greek life—you can’t deny that the “athleisure” trend has taken over college campuses. Hey, even high-end designers are tapping into their sporty side.
But when you don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend on leggings (we’re looking at you, Lululemon), smart shopping does the trick. You can find all of these comfortably college chic pieces (and more!) for reasonable prices at The Lake George Outlets.
Get to class conveniently and in style with these five lifesaving pieces of athleisure wear and sporty accessories:
1. Wireless headphones. Whether it’s for a sweat sesh at the gym, to tune out your roommates the night before a big exam, or to jam out while you’re walking to class, good-quality headphones are a necessary buy before you leave for the fall semester. You can do all of this easier with wireless, Bluetooth earbuds or headphones. If you prefer the in-ear style, the Under Armour outlet has cable-free buds with great reviews (there’s even a version that monitors your heart rate!). Dig the look of Beats? Find on-ear Bluetooth headphones at Olympia Sports that don’t cost you an arm and a leg.
2. A cozy sweatshirt. Unless you’re heading down south for school, you’re going to need warm clothes to get you through harsh New York winters – and lots of layers to pile on and shed as you run all over campus in the fall. Enter Jockey’s cute grey zip-up, this sporty short-sleeved hoodie from Tommy Hilfiger, and this soft-as-a-baby’s-bottom floral crewneck from Gap.
3. Shoes to carry you in all climates. Even if you’re one of the lucky college students that get to bring their car to school with them, you’re still going to be doing a lot of walking to get from class to class – and supportive shoes are a must. Under Armour has tons of training shoes that can double as everyday sneaks (like these running shoes that come in tons of different colors). If you want an easy-to-slip-on pair of flats, these quilted slip-ons from Guess will do just the trick. And because classes won’t stop for a rainy day or wintry mix, Merrell’s waterproof booties will get you all around town with no slips.
4. Sunglasses. Look and feel unstoppable this year with shades that protect your eyes and make a statement. Sporty shades from Sunglass Hut are the way to go (and hey, you can even find a pair in your school’s colors). Clean-cut, flat lenses from Ray-Ban come in nine different colors, thin, lightweight Oakley sunglasses have an über-trendy rose gradient lens, and these glare-resistant Maui Jims look good on almost every face shape.
5. Leggings with pockets. Leggings are a girl’s best friend. They’re comfortable, sweat-proof, and can be dressed up or down. And while most leggings are designed to hold your tummy in, they don’t hold much else…until now. Check out Under Armour’s cropped running leggings or flattering straight-leg pants – both of which have pockets for keys, student ID cards, or a cell phone. And for the days you want a looser-fit, these slouchy cropped joggers have deep-enough pockets to keep your hands warm when the temps drop.
Find everything you need for back to school at The Lake George Outlets. With more than 50 outlet stores within walking distance, you’re bound to find trendy styles at convenient prices. Learn more at www.lakegeorgeoutlets.com.