Vacation (while meant to be relaxing) can be a bit stressful. With travel arrangements, hotel reservations, and a constantly-changing itinerary, planning your outfits ahead of time might seem a bit excessive. But a few adjustments to your suitcase could do wonders for your en-route comfort and style.
Here’s how you can travel light, stay cozy, and look stylish all at the same time:
Pack with a purpose. Hilton recommends selecting clothing that can hold its own in both casual and dressy situations. Compatible clothing options that you can wear multiple ways, multiple times will save room in your suitcase and save you time deciding what to wear on vacation.
These essentials can all be found at the Lake George Outlets with stores offering a wide variety of styles and price points.
- A loose-fitting maxi dress can work double time as a beach cover-up or a dinner date outfit. Stores like Banana Republic and J Crew have a great selection.
- A classic white t-shirt can be worn with shorts on a day of sight-seeing and then tucked into a skirt for a night out. Gap Outlet can be your go to store for both.
- Your favorite pair of leggings can work overtime as running pants and then paired with a comfortable sweatshirt for the plane. Headrush Outlet is new to Lake George Outlets and carries a line of leggings and joggers for women as well as a variety of track pants and fleece shorts for men.
And speaking of flights
Wear your bulkiest clothes on travel days. Forego taking up room in your suitcase with thicker fabrics. Travel and Leisure says to wear comfortable layers, like:
- A soft, loose-fitting t-shirt.
- A warm jacket or cardigan—one that can be repurposed later in the trip.
- Fitted pants with a stretch. Nobody wants to deal with skinny jeans on an airplane.
- Comfortable, road-tested shoes. A travel day is not the time to test out new sneakers. If you’re flying, make sure the shoes are easy to slip on and off. Famous Footwear, Merrell Shoes and have great options available.
- One signature accessory to “jazz” up the outfit and make you feel more “you.” Sunglasses are a great option since they are a necessity and fashionable. Visit Sunglass Hut for the latest trends
Bring staple accessories. Never underestimate the power of a good accessory. You’ll need to bring items that are as chic as they are functional, like the following:
- An over-sized tote. You can toss in last-minute essentials, use it as a carry-on and beach bag, or just as a fashion statement. Wilson’s Leather and Guess have a wide selection of trendy bags.
- A watch. You love your phone, but sometimes it can’t be trusted. Stay on track of different time zones and be on time for every activity with a fashionable piece of wristwear. Tommy Hilfiger carries a variety for both men and women.
- A sectioned-off jewelry box. Tangled jewelry happens to everyone. Keep your favorite necklaces, bracelets, and earrings safe with a box that secures your accessories.
Organize your suitcase like a pro. Channel your inner Pinterest-er, and use these packing hacks to keep your clothes in good shape and fit all of your souvenirs on the trip back home:
- Pack your shoes in shower caps to keep the soles from touching clean clothes.
- Roll your clothes to save space.
- Packing cubes are a game-changer. They let you compress your clothes for more space so that you can squeeze every inch out of your bag.
- Stick a dryer sheet in your suitcase—your clothes will smell amazing.
L.L. Bean specializes in bags and luggage that make for easy packing.
Find everything you need for your summer vacation at The Lake George Outlets. With more than 50 outlet stores within walking distance, you’re bound to find trendy styles at fabulous prices. Learn more at lakegeorgeoutlets.com.